Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Mother's Run


So, I'm not always laughing. Sometimes, I'm running. This has been a string of days that I just haven't found very amusing. Even good subject matter, such as chasing the puppy around the house to get my shoe back...that would be the shoe that I was actually wearing before it was (and I'm really not sure how) puppynapped right off my foot; or the double sleepover that left my house in such disarray that I'm not even sure where exactly to start (a book of matches did cross my mind ever so briefly). But, alas, none of these things has inspired me with humor. And then it hit me, I've missed my run. "A Mother's Run" was the result of today's elusive run. While these words aren't funny, they capture my essence of the release we all need to keep our patience and respond with kind, loving words to the inevitable nonsense that is thrown at us throughout a day of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment